JISE supports open access. There are no fees to individual authors, and authors are allowed to self-archive their work. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of the journal, requires credit to JISE as the copyright holder.
Aims & Scope
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Education is aimed at those in the academic world who are dedicated to advancing the field of education through their research. JISE provides a range of articles that speak to the major issues in education across all content areas and disciplines. The Journal is peer edited through a blind review process that utilizes a national and international editorial board and peer reviewers. JISE aspires to advance research in the field of education through a collection of quality, relevant, and advanced interdisciplinary articles in the field of education.
JISE (ISSN: 2166-2681) is published bi-annually by the Center for Excellence in Education at Arkansas State University. The journal publishes interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary theoretical and empirically based-research articles and book reviews related to all aspects of teaching and learning in K-12 and Higher Education. JISE serves as an intellectual platform for the research community. The journal does not have an article submission fee.
Among the topics that Journal focuses on are:
- Educational leadership and culture of the academy
- Intercultural communication, intercultural relations, student involvement
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- Internationalization of teaching, learning and research
- Multiculturalism, diversity, and individualism
Published bi-annually, the journal encourages submission of manuscripts by US and international scholars that use quantitative or qualitative methods. Articles combine disciplinary methods with critical insights to investigate major issues shaping national, state, and institutional contexts. Check our Editorial Board Open Positions
Editor-in-Chief: Amany Saleh, Ph.D., Editor: Krishna Bista
Publish With Us
JISE is targeted at publishing the most influential research on international students in the world to a multidisciplinary audience:
- High targeted ranking: Rigorous peer review of your research in a top-ranked journal in education.
- World-wide representation: More than 200 scholars based in 35+ countries have submitted and published articles in the journal.
- Prompt publishing: We provide decisions within 100 days from new manuscript submission and publish accepted manuscripts online within 120 days after acceptance.
- Global exposure: The combination of ranking, open-access, and indexing in all major academic databases increases the discoverability and citation of your work.
Statement on Open Access
Partner With Us
Emerging and established scholars and leaders are encouraged to join the STAR Scholars Network whose mission is to create and share scholarly research focused on international education by facilitating academic exchange across the globe.