JISE is aimed at those in the academic world who are dedicated to advancing the field of education through their research. JISE provides a range of articles that speak to the major issues in education across all content areas and disciplines. The Journal is peer edited through a blind review process that utilizes a national and international editorial board and peer reviewers. JISE aspires to advance research in the field of education through a collection of quality, relevant, and advanced interdisciplinary articles in the field of education.
JISE (ISSN: 2166-2681) is published bi-annually by the Center for Excellence in Education at Arkansas State University. The journal publishes interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary theoretical and empirically based-research articles and book reviews related to all aspects of teaching and learning in K-12 and Higher Education. JISE serves as an intellectual platform for the research community.
Among the topics that Journal focuses on are:
- Educational leadership and culture of the academy
- Intercultural communication, intercultural relations, student involvement
- Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
- Internationalization of teaching, learning and research
- Multiculturalism, diversity, and individualism